A few social-political thoughts about the film before I head to bed (and before I had read the critical reviews):
- Why allow Terry to say, “Lots of Garcias here?”
- Why was Joe’s “in-the-zone” composition a piece of contemporary minimalistic music, not jazz-like at all?
- Why was 22 an annoying white middle-aged woman? Are we supposed to laugh?
- How did Terry catch the wrong Black man?
- Why is it a “business of inspiration?”
A few aesthetic thoughts about the film before I head to bed (and before I had read the raving reviews):
- Terry and the Jerries are quite beautiful. Picasso-like.
- The ship on crystalline sand.
- Blue wool suit, not polyester!